Thursday, August 19, 2010

Gracie!! (Jul's E-mail from China)

Oh My Gosh! I have soooooo much to tell you. Gracie XinYing is so much more than we could have ever imagined! She is NOT below average developmentally. She is SO smart! She is a BIG tease! Right now she is shooting a ball out of a styrophoam gun at dad "baba" and laughing. She is so funny and has the cutest laugh and smile. Please tell everyone we are doing so great!!! We miss everyone. We have one week left. Oh, I have to tell you that she is skinny. Chinese bums are SO small. I'm so jealous. When she walks her pants fall down and she laughs. We've had to put a clip on them so they don't fall down. We have tons of pictures and videos to send you. We'll have to pick and choose. The orphanage visit was so great. I can't even tell you how much that meant to her. Her nannies are so loving and so fun with her. They told us she is very popular. And she had a boyfriend. When we went to another room he had to come with us because he misses her so much. They gave each other kisses. She is so beautiful. When we went to the Civil Affairs Office, the lady doing our paperwork asked what her special need was. We told her her eyes. She kept telling us how beautiful she is. You are all going to easily fall in love with her. She is so kind and sharing. (I'm sure that will change fast after watching Kinsey and Madi for a few days! ha ha) She has pretty teeth, beautiful eyes, long eyelashes, perfect lips, and a cute little nose. She is skinny but they say she eats well, and she has been eating good. She plays with Dallen but wont let him hold her. She follows me everywhere. I can't imagine what she has been through. She doesn't want us to leave her. I wish she could understand that we love her and will never ever leave her. She will learn that, but it will take time for her to realize that and completely trust us. When its time for a nap or bedtime, she gets a little scared. I lay down with her and put my hand on her face and through her hair and sing to her. She sleeps all night. Gotta go. She wants me to play ball with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment